Services, Rates, & Policies
- Comprehensive language and speech evaluations with practical strategies, therapy recommendations, and next steps.
Speech & Language Therapy:
- Early intervention, Speech-Language Therapy, in the comfort of your own home.
- Direct modeling of strategies in play and daily routines with younger children and their caregivers.
- Carry over activities provided for families at every visit.
- Practical strategies that fit each particular family's schedules and lifestyles.
- Research based and developmentally appropriate practices.
- Regular monitoring of skills to determine type and rate of progress.
Extensive Experience With:
- delayed expressive (use of) and receptive (understanding of) language
- autism and other developmental delays and disabilities
- early language strategies and nonverbal children
- Assistive Technology; Sign Language; Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC)
- speech sound errors relating to articulation, phonological processes, and childhood apraxia of speech
- behavior related to language disorders and sensory processing disorders
- oral language development and connections to pre-literacy skills
- social skills training
- auditory processing
INFECTION CONTROL: Sick and Communicable Disease Policy
All clients shall telephone to cancel and reschedule appointments when the client or anyone in the immediate household may have one or more symptoms of a contagious disease. This will aid in the protection of the health of the staff, other patients, and family members.
Symptoms: Fever >100 degrees F/ Vomiting / Nausea Open / Draining Lesion/ Lice /Chicken Pox/ Measles /Productive cough/ Impetigo/ Conjunctivitis / pink eye/ Strep Throat /Diarrhea /Any Other Contagious Disease Not Listed.
*In order for services to resume, your child must be free of above symptoms or on medication for 24+ hours*
Therapy sessions are typically arranged with families a month at a time, at times convenient to both your family and the therapist. Please be sure to set aside this time as it is reserved for your family. If you think you are going to be running late or need to leave earlier than your scheduled appointment time ends, please notify your therapist in advance if at all possible. It is important that a caregiver be present at your child's appointment as it is imperative for carryover of strategies taught throughout the session.
Children progress in therapy when they receive consistent interventions. If your family has a conflict, please call to cancel (or reschedule) at least 24 hours (or more) in advance when possible. Please be respectful of your therapists time, as they will be respectful of yours. **We will do our best to reschedule your cancelled session, however, we cannot guarantee that it will happen.**
We understand that things come up and emergencies happen. If you are a no-show to your scheduled sessions twice, we will call and give you a verbal reminder and warning of our attendance policy. You will then be expected to show up for your scheduled sessions. **If you no show for your next consecutive scheduled session and do not call to cancel following a review of our policies and procedures, we reserve the right to discharge you from our services.
If you cancel three consecutive weeks in a row, whether or not you tell us, we reserve the right to discharge you from our services.
Inclement Weather Policy:
All therapy sessions are scheduled by prior appointment. We do not follow a particular school district calendar for inclement weather cancellations. We will contact you directly if services need to be canceled due to weather conditions.
Ongoing progress monitoring and data collection is shared with families via weekly notes at each therapy session.
Thanks for your cooperation!